Human Resources Co-ordinator
About Business Data Partners, a Talan Company
Business Data Partners (BDP), a member of the Talan Group, is a dynamic niche consultancy at the cutting-edge of data management and analytics. Together with Talan UK, our customer centric consultancy has over 250 consultants across the UK, who work with both traditional and emerging technologies to identify and deliver real value for our clients. This is an exciting time as we aim to grow our business, both in size and expertise.
In a world of transformation, our people, industry experience, functional and technical expertise have earned us a reputation of being able to help our clients meet their strategic and company objectives.
Our culture and values underpin our great customer experience. We pride ourselves on our sense of community, where everyone has a voice.
The HR Team
As a small, people-focused team, we are all motivated and energised by creating the best working environment for everyone in our company every day. We work closely with our management team and consultants to ensure that our people policies and processes reflect our values and facilitate everyone to be their best. We want everyone to reach their potential!
This is an exciting period for us, with ambitious growth plans and further integration into the wider Talan Group, and are looking for a passionate, self-organised and proactive individual to join us on our journey.
HR Co-ordinator (Hybrid or onsite – London)
This is a new role working as a member of our dedicated HR/People team. Reporting to the Senior HR Business Partner, the HR Co-ordinator will be responsible for co-ordinating a variety of key HR and People related processes, providing high quality administrative and operational support to the HR/People team and, where appropriate, the wider business and senior management team.
From a day-to-day perspective, the primary objectives of the role include co-ordination and administration associated with all aspects of the employee lifecycle; from pre-hire to company leavers. There are plenty of opportunities to add value by assisting with various HR Projects, e.g. wellbeing and engagement initiatives, such as social events.
To be successful in this role, we would expect strong administration skills, with an eye for detail as well as being able to undertake a variety of tasks and prioritising these appropriately. As the role is within the HR/People team, confidentiality and integrity are key. The incumbent will develop relationships with colleagues at all levels of the organisation and across the UK. They, therefore, require excellent communication and service skills. The ability to be proactive and act on their own initiative to complete tasks efficiently and to a high standard are also imperative. There will be daily use of Microsoft Office 365, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint; the incumbent will therefore need to be experienced in using these applications. The role also requires input and extraction of data using our enterprise-wide HR system and, although training will be provided on this, experience of using databases containing sensitive information is highly desirable.
As the company has high growth ambitions, there is the opportunity for personal professional growth and career development with support from the company. The HR team are at the forefront of all our people initiatives, so the role will have involvement in various HR projects and visibility all the way up to senior level.
Prior experience of working in a HR team is not essential, but at least two years’ previous experience in a busy administrative role is essential, as is an interest in HR and providing a high level of service to internal stakeholders. From time to time the role will interact with colleagues within the wider Talan Group, as well external suppliers. There is no need for regular travel, other than to our centrally located London office, however, there may be the potential to travel to our other UK offices. It is expected that the incumbent will attend the centrally located London office at least three days per week, co-ordinating with other members of the team. There is the option to work the other two days from home in line with our hybrid working model.
We are a fast paced and sociable business, so the role includes plenty of colleague interaction from across the business. Your enthusiasm and energy, as well as your knowledge and experience, are key to both being successful and enjoying this key role within the team. This is a role which encompasses a wide variety of activities, with the main responsibilities and objectives summarised below.
Main Responsibilities and objectives:
- Administration for new and existing employees, as well as leavers – to include contracts, referencing, appropriate correspondence, employee data, maintaining contact and all required checks.
- Employee onboarding; liaising with other internal teams such as IT and Finance.
- Maintain and update employee records and letter templates.
- Update HR policies and people related information on the company’s SharePoint site, as directed by HR Business Partners and/or Head of People and Engagement.
- Be a point of contact for consultants for basic HR related requests and questions, including management of the HR Outlook mailbox, escalating queries where appropriate.
- Sensitive data management – to include data input, maintenance and reporting in line with company HR processes and systems e.g. employee details and absences.
- Compensation and benefits package administration e.g. pension, life cover, private medical cover, cycle to work, EAP, electric car scheme etc.
- Support the delivery of HR/people related projects and initiatives e.g. early careers.
- Ensure all client referencing complies with client regulations and liaise with clients as necessary for audits.
- Basic office management for the London office, being a point of contact for any issues e.g. desk management, stationery, office events.
- Recommend improvements in HR/administration processes where appropriate.
Your expertise and skills:
- Possess at least two years’ experience as a highly efficient administrator/co-ordinator with experience supporting a busy team in a fast-paced environment.
- Experienced in handling sensitive data and documents; being able to apply GDPR guidelines and with a high attention to detail.
- Self-organised, with a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Able to manage a variety of tasks simultaneously, prioritising your work accordingly.
- Proactive and keen to grow your experience and knowledge in an HR/People related function.
- Able to be flexible and adaptable to changing business needs, working with multiple stakeholders and providing a high level of service.
- A confident communicator with the ability to proactively network and build great working relationships at all levels of the organisation.
- Excited by technology and data, with a desire to push beyond your role and work collaboratively across the support function teams, as well as the broader business.
- A team-player who can also work independently and creatively, using their initiative to both promote the company and contribute to our strong collaborative culture.
- Able to attend the office a minimum of three days per week,
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, i.e. Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint etc.
Desirable but not essential
- Experience or a keen interest in working with a consultancy business and/or working in an IT/Technology/Data environment.
- Experience in using SuccessFactors or other enterprise-wide HR platform.
- Possess or be working towards a CIPD qualification.
Experience level required:
- Competitive salary (£30,000 – £35,000 per annum, depending on experience)
- Attractive bonus scheme.
- 25 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday + 5 days to buy/sell = potential 38 days’ holiday a year.
- Access to ‘Talan Sunshine time’ – a scheme that can provide you with more time for yourself without working additional hours.
- 4x annual salary life cover.
- 5% BDP pension contribution from Employer + minimum 3% contribution from Staff (Salary Sacrifice provision available).
- BUPA Private Medical Insurance & BUPA Rewards.
- Income Protection and Critical Illness Cover.
- Employee Assistance scheme.
- Access to Udemy for Business to support continuous learning & development.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Company Electric Car scheme.