Junior IT Support Consultant
Business Data Partners, a Talan company, is an award-winning Data Management and Analytics consultancy, working closely with leading software vendors and top industry experts across a range of sectors, unlocking value and insight from their data. Our consultants are at the heart of everything we do. We invest heavily in the training and development of our team, hold monthly socials in each region, and regular lunches to catch-up with teams on site.
This is a new role working within our internal IT team and will be responsible for supporting a range of activities and tasks focused on providing day to day technical support to end-users, resolving issues, and escalating more complex issues to 3rd line support.
Reporting directly to the Head of IT, the role will be based in our Sunderland office with flexibility for regular homeworking. As the role will provide IT support services across the UK, there may be opportunities to travel to our other office bases across the country.
- Respond to, log, and resolve first line support tickets within the ITIL Service Desk.
- Provide remote support to users in a timely, friendly, and efficient manner.
- Take responsibility and ownership of incidents, escalating to third-line support where necessary.
- Provide fast & efficient service to users.
- Work collaboratively with our small and efficient IT team.
- Experienced in a similar role (minimum of 1 year).
- Knowledgeable in:
- Windows Desktop/laptops
- Microsoft Office 365
- Network technologies – LAN/WAN/WLAN.
- A team-player who can also work independently.
- A confident communicator, possessing customer service skills.
- Enjoy problem solving and using your troubleshooting skills.
- Keen to learn and develop your skills and experience in IT Support.
- Annual salary commensurate with experience (in the region of £21,000 to £23,000).
- 25 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday + 5 days to buy/sell = potential 38 days holiday a year.
- 4x salary death in service cover.
- 5% BDP Pension from Employer + staff contribution of minimum 3%.
- BUPA Private Medical Insurance & BUPA Rewards.
- Employee Assistance scheme and access to a Wellbeing app.
- Access to Udemy for Business to support continuous learning & development.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
The IT Team
As a small, proactive team, we are all motivated and energised by creating the best working infrastructure for everyone at BDP. We work closely with our management team and consultants to ensure that our systems run smoothly, capacity is never hit and our SLA’s are never breached. We are always there to help whenever and wherever needed.
This is an exciting period for us as we look to expand our team, and are looking for a passionate, innovative and proactive individual to join us on our journey.