Data Engineer Consultant
Business Data Partners, a Talan company, is an award-winning Data Management and Analytics consultancy, working closely with leading software vendors and top industry experts across a range of sectors, unlocking value and insight from their data. Our consultants are at the heart of everything we do. We invest heavily in the training and development of our team, hold monthly socials in each region, and regular lunches to catch-up with teams on site.
We are looking for looking for experienced and dynamic Consultants to join our existing teams. As a Data Engineer Consultant, you will engage with our clients daily, working to understand their challenges and to deliver solutions. You will be based from one of our regional offices or on client site.
Your skills and attributes for success:
- An excellent team player and able to work independently.
- Excellent client facing skills.
- A self-starter who is proactive in nature.
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and presentational skills.
- Ability to build internal and external relationships.
- Effective negotiating and influencing skills.
- Ability to think creatively and propose innovative solutions.
- Strong self-developer.
To qualify for this role, you must have:
- Demonstrated success in designing, building, and optimising Big Data solutions to support the creation of highly scalable data stores with Big Data technologies such as StreamSets, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Multi-skilled experience of one or more of the following disciplines: Data Management, Data Engineering, Data Warehousing, Data Modelling, Data Quality, Data Integration, Data Analytics, Data Visualisation, Data Science and Business Intelligence.
- Project experience in developing optimal and reliable ETL processes ingested from a wide variety of data sources both structured and unstructured and implementing them in batch, real-time and cloud environments.
- Project experience in handling large-scale databases and real-time data acquisition.
- Project experience of Enterprise ETL tools such as StreamSets, Informatica, SAS DI Studio, SSIS, Talend, Datastage or Alteryx.
- Advanced working knowledge in SQL and relational databases (SAS, Teradata, Microsoft SQLServer or Oracle), as well as working familiarity with a variety of cloud-based data platforms (such as Snowflake) and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with version control /code management tools such as Git and BitBucket.
- Project experience leading, planning, and delivering enterprise-wide reporting and data warehouse solutions using proven delivery methodologies (e.g., Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, DevOps, Testing), frameworks and best practices.
- Project experience of Data Modelling and/or Data Warehousing concepts.
- Technical Business Analysis experience.
- A proactive awareness of industry standards, regulations, and developments.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Project experience deploying/provisioning/implementing cloud solutions in AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform.
- Project experience of message queueing and stream processing capabilities within StreamSets, Spark and Kafka.
- Project experience of data pipeline and workflow management tools.
- Exposure to any of the following technologies: Pega, Salesforce, RPA tools such as UiPath, Nintex, Blue Prism.
- Working knowledge of data visualisation tools such as Tableau, Qlik Sense and PowerBI.
- Capability to articulate and document architectural solutions and processes.
- Cross and multi-platform experience.
- Financial services sector experience.
You must be:
- Willing to work on client sites, potentially for extended periods.
- Willing to travel for work purposes and be happy to stay away from home for extended periods.
- Eligible to work in the UK without restrictions.
What we offer:
- BDP Plus – A reward programme whereby you accrue points to trade against a 3-month paid sabbatical or cash equivalent.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
- 5 days holiday buy/sell option.
- Private medical insurance.
- Life cover.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Eligibility for company pension scheme (5% employer contribution, salary sacrifice option).
- Employee assistance programme.
- Bespoke online learning plans via Udemy for Business.