Senior Microsoft Data and Analytics Consultant
Business Data Partners, a Talan company, is an award-winning Data Management and Analytics consultancy, working closely with leading software vendors and top industry experts across a range of sectors, unlocking value and insight from their data. Our consultants are at the heart of everything we do. We invest heavily in the training and development of our team, hold monthly socials in each region, and regular lunches to catch-up with teams on site.
We are looking for looking for experienced and dynamic Consultants to join our existing teams. As a Senior Microsoft Data and Analytics Consultant, you will engage with our clients daily, working to understand their challenges and to deliver solutions. You will be based from one of our regional offices or on client site.
Your skills and attributes for success:
- An excellent team player and able to work independently.
- Excellent client facing skills.
- A self-starter who is proactive in nature.
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and presentational skills.
- Ability to build internal and external relationships.
- Effective negotiating and influencing skills.
- Ability to think creatively and propose innovative solutions.
- Strong self-developer.
- Leadership skills.
Your skills and attributes for success:
- Multi-skilled experience of one or more of the following disciplines: Data Management, Data Engineering, Data Warehousing, Data Modelling, Data Quality, Data Integration, Data Analytics, Data Visualisation, Data Science and Business Intelligence.
- Project experience using the following core technology: Microsoft Data and Analytics stack (T-SQL, SQL Server database, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Power BI).
- Project experience leading, planning, and delivering enterprise-wide reporting and data warehouse solutions using proven delivery methodologies (e.g., Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, DevOps, Testing), frameworks and best practices.
- Project experience in designing/developing/maintaining ETL processes.
- Project experience in designing/developing/maintaining dashboards, reports and cubes using SQL, MDX, DAX.
- Excellent SQL skills for querying and creation of views/tables, functions, and stored procedures.
- Project experience of Data Modelling and/or Data Warehousing concepts.
- Technical Business Analysis experience.
- A proactive awareness of industry standards, regulations, and developments.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Project experience deploying/provisioning/implementing Azure IaaS/PaaS.
- Working knowledge of Power BI, Azure Databricks, Synapse Analytics, HDInsight or Azure Data Factory
- Microsoft certifications e.g., MCSA in Cloud Platform, SQL BI Development, BI Reporting or Data Engineering with Azure.
- Project experience of Enterprise ETL tools such as Informatica, Talend, Datastage or Alteryx.
- Exposure to any of the following technologies: SAS, Teradata, Machine Learning, Python, R, Snowflake, Hadoop, Spark, Scala, Oracle, Pega, Salesforce, RPA tools such as UiPath, Nintex, Blue Prism.
- Capability to articulate and document architectural solutions and processes.
- Cross and multi-platform experience.
- Financial services sector experience.
- Line Management experience.
- Team Building and Leading.
- Mentoring/Staff Development experience.
You must be:
- Willing to work on client sites, potentially for extended periods.
- Willing to travel for work purposes and be happy to stay away from home for extended periods.
- Eligible to work in the UK without restrictions.
What we offer:
- BDP Plus – A reward programme whereby you accrue points to trade against a 3-month paid sabbatical or cash equivalent.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
- 5 days holiday buy/sell option.
- Private medical insurance.
- Life cover.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Eligibility for company pension scheme (5% employer contribution, salary sacrifice option).
- Employee assistance programme.
- Bespoke online learning plans via Udemy for Business.