This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email email@example.com or write to:
Business Data Partners
2 Swan Lane,
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
What data we gather
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Website usage data (including IP Address)
- Other information relevant to client enquiries
- Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking from the company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records.
- To improve the products and services we provide.
To contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
- To contact you via email, telephone or mail for to answer a query.
- To contact you via email, telephone or mail in response to a job application.
You have the right to be informed, right of access, right to rectification, right to erasure, right to restrict processing, right to data portability, right to object.
We have a Subject Access Request Form for such requests to ensure we understand your request. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a Subject Access Request Form.
Our preferred method of requesting personal data we hold about you, is via post for the Attention of: Data Protection Officer, Cobalt Business Exchange, Cobalt Park Way, Newcastle, NE28 9NZ.
For more in depth details about your rights, please visit the ICO website Information Commissioners Office
Please keep in mind where a request for deletion is made, and your file also holds information about our client and/or financial information that we need to keep for a minimum of 6 years, we may be unable to delete this data.
By withdrawing consent, our processing in that respect will be limited to what is necessary in furtherance of those interests or obligations. Withdrawal of consent will not have any effect on the lawfulness of any processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Where we are unable to comply with your request, we will provide reasons for failing to do so.
Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website. Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
Controlling information about you
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you will see one or more tickboxes allowing you to:
- Opt-in to be contacted regarding an application.
- Opt-in to be contacted regarding a query.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for contact purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
- Send an email to email@example.com.
- Write to us at: Cobalt Business Exchange, Cobalt Park Way, Newcastle NE28 9NZ .
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the www.businessdatapartners.com domain.
If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.