Location: UK Wide, Hybrid working model (flexibility towards travel required)
Experience: Minimum experience 5, Maximum experience 10+
We are looking for looking for experienced and dynamic Consultants to join our existing teams. As a Technical Project Manager, you will engage with our clients daily, working to understand their challenges and to deliver solutions. You will be based from one of our regional offices or on client site.
Who we are
Business Data Partners, a Talan company, is an award-winning Data Management and Analytics consultancy, working closely with leading software vendors and top industry experts across a range of sectors, unlocking value and insight from their data. Our consultants are at the heart of everything we do. We invest heavily in the training and development of our team, hold monthly socials in each region, and regular lunches to catch-up with teams on site.
Your skills and attributes for success
An excellent team player and able to work independently.
- Excellent client facing skills.
- A self-starter who is proactive in nature.
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and presentational skills.
- Ability to build internal and external relationships.
- Effective negotiating and influencing skills.
- Ability to think creatively and propose innovative solutions.
- Strong self-developer.
- Leadership skills.
To qualify for this role you must have
- A graduate degree or equivalent project experience
- Significant experience and proficiency in:
- A methodology-agnostic, pragmatic approach to Technical Project Management
- Strong project management experience in a traditional and/or agile environment
- Dependency management and tracking
- Developing strategies and approaches for best practice delivery
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of relational databases
- Understanding of testing and quality assurance
- Defect Management
- Acceptance Testing
- Problem Resolution and Risk-based prioritisation
- Able to drive direction on governance, controls and framework to deliver business acceptance and value
- Experience with different delivery methodologies e.g. Agile, Scrum, SAFE and DevOps
- Awareness and experience of Data Quality, Data Migration and/or Data Reconciliation project deliveries
- Experience in negotiating scope and priority of projects with project teams and customer stakeholders
- Experience in Relationship and Stakeholder Management
- Experience of leading technical and/or project teams.
- A proactive awareness of industry standards, regulations, and developments.
- Project Management Certifications
- MS Project experience
- Experience of data management and replication across multi-site organisations
- Experience of release management and test delivery
- Played a leading role in the delivery of end-to-end projects
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing concepts (ETL, Star Schema, slowly changing dimensions)
- A detailed understanding of Technical Business Analysis (Requirements Gathering, Business Case Preparation, and Documentation)
- Financial services sector experience.
- Line management experience.
You must be
- Willing to work on client sites, potentially for extended periods.
- Willing to travel for work purposes and be happy to stay away from home for extended periods.
- Eligible to work in the UK without restrictions.
What we offer
BDP Plus – A reward programme whereby you accrue points to trade against a 3-month paid sabbatical or cash equivalent.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
- 5 days holiday buy/sell option.
- Private medical insurance.
- Life cover.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Eligibility for company pension scheme (5% employer contribution, salary sacrifice option).
- Employee assistance programme.
- Bespoke online learning plans via Udemy for Business.